The Filson Historical Society Digital Projects

Browse Items (9 total)

  • Postcard.pdf

    Advertisement postcard for "Animals in the Archives" exhibit at the Filson Historical Society.
  • Tudor Terrace Infographic.jpg

    Infographic on Tudor Revival design elements created for the Olde England on the Ohio exhibit at the Filson Historical Society.
  • Olde England Opening.jpg

    Backside of a postcard announcing the opening of the Olde England on the Ohio: Louisville's Tudor Revival exhibit at the Filson Historical Society. The design features a color rendering of a Tudor Revival building with the exhibit title printed above.
  • https://filsonhistoricalimages.files.wordpress.com/2022/03/20_trager-jcc.jpg

    Digital rendering by GBBN Architects for the new Trager Family Jewish Community Center on Dutchmans Lane, Louisville, Kentucky.

    This item is included in the Bricks and Mortar, Soul and Heart: The Evolution of Louisville's Young Men's Hebrew Association and Jewish Community Center 1890-2022 digital exhibit at: https://filsonhistorical.omeka.net/exhibits/show/ymha-jcc-louisville/looking-to-the-future
  • FortNelson_1.jpg

    Front and side views of Mitcher's Distillery in downtown Lousville, 2022. The building, also known as the Fort Nelson Building, dates back to the 1870s. The cast-iron, limestone, and brick structure survived the 1890 tornado and the 1937, but sat vacant for several decades until Mitcher's Distillery occupied the space in 2019. The space was revitalized by Joseph & Joseph + Bravura Architects.
  • KYSci_1.jpg

    Front of the Kentucky Science Center. The sign at top of the building says "Carter Dry Goods Co."

    Founded in 1871 as a natural history collection, the museum was known as Louisville Museum of Natural History & Science and the Louisville Science Center before becoming the Kentucky Science Center.

    Built in 1878 by J. Clarke, the front features a distinctive cast-iron facade with geometric designs and head panels on the windows. The cornice on the top of the building reads "Carter Dry Goods." The city purchased the property in 1975 and the museum moved to the premises in 1977, serving as another example of a successful revitalization project to preserve the building.
  • 2020.37.1_001a.jpg

    Throughout the summer of 2020, many businesses in downtown Louisville boarded up their windows during the social justice protests in response to the killing of Breonna Taylor. In the fall of 2020, Tawana Bain, founder of the Global Economic Diversity Development Initiative (GEDDI) led a campaign called "Tearing Down the Walls Together," collaborating with Black-owned businesses and creators to use the boards to beautify downtown and to memorialize the movements for justice through painted artworks - turning symbols of fear and division into ones of hope and renewal. Once the art was completed, the boards were auctioned off during a "Black Harvest" event at the end of October. The Filson is proud to own one of these works by artist Arielle Biddix. This frame was custom made by Mike Strauss.
  • https://filsonhistorical.org/wp-content/uploads/Walking-Tour-Poster.jpg

    Poster for the Progressive Women of Old Louisville Walking Tour.
  • Women at Work Door Vinyl .jpg

    Exhibit door graphic.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2