Skip to main content
The Filson Historical Society Digital Projects

Browse Items (18 total)

  • Residential drawings for Good Housekeeping Magazine by Louisville, Kentucky architect Stratton O. Hammon.
  • Front elevation drawing for Paul M. Kendall Co. residence on Transylvania Avenue.
  • Front elevation and plot plan for Mr. and Mrs. Dillman Rash's residence on Cherokee Gardens lots 66 and 67 in Louisville, Kentucky.
  • Photograph of home at 1313 Mossrose Ave ca. 1913.
  • Photograph taken by Paul Gunter of Gunter children at a Lucia Ave house in Louisville, KY, circa 1894.
  • Photograph of a group of women and children on the porch of a house located on Mellwood Ave in Louisville, KY.
  • Drawing of Adsmore House, which was built in the 1850s by dry goods merchant John Higgins. The house was built in the Greek Revival style and is located on N. Jefferson Street in Princeton, Kentucky. In July 1973 the house was added to the National Register of Historic Places and became a museum in 1986.
  • Sketch of The McMichael Place located in Anchorage, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of the Preston Place located in Glasgow, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of the Rowland House located in Carrollton, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of the Reuben T. Taylor House located in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
  • Hurricane Hill located in Westport, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of the Tom Kephart House located in Pleasureville, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of Woodlawn in Shelbyville, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of Mansfield in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Henry Watterson was the founder and owner of the Louisville Courier-Journal. In 1894 he bought Joseph Hite's property which consisted of 100 acres including a four-room house about a mile from the main square in Jeffersontown, now an independent city within Jefferson County. Watterson transformed the house and property into a grand estate named "Mansfield" after the childhood home of his wife. In 1975 the estate, which had fallen into disrepair, was purchased by a developer. Amid much controversy, the mansion burned in 1976 and was later demolished.
  • Sketch of Spring Grove in Louisville, Kentucky. In 1812 Samuel and Abigail Oldham Churchill purchased 306 acres adjoining his parents' property and built Spring Grove. The brick home was known for its rich carved woodwork and would later become the home of R. C. Ballard Thruston, former president of The Filson Historical Society.
  • Sketch of Heavenhill Homestead located in Bardstown, Kentucky.
  • Sketch of the Happy Ridge Farm, which is located in Simpsonville, Kentucky.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2