Moremen's Villa (now Riverside, The Farnsley-Moremen Landing)

Title

Moremen's Villa (now Riverside, The Farnsley-Moremen Landing)

Description

Built in 1837 by Gabriel Farnsley (1800-1849), Moremen's Villa, now known as Riverside, The Farnsley-Moremen Landing is one of the last remaining nineteenth-century houses in southwestern Jefferson County. The house stands at the center of more than 300-acre landmark property on the banks of the Ohio River.

Creator

Kiser, Walter H.

Source

Walter H. Kiser Drawings Collection, The Filson Historical Society

Date

ca. 1934 – 1942

Rights

This image is issued by The Filson Historical Society. Property rights in the collection belong to The Filson Historical Society. The user is responsible for copyright issues. Permission for use of this image for ANY reason should be obtained by contacting Filson's Curator of Collections via research@filsonhistorical.org.

Type

Still image

Identifier

Mss. A K61

Files

https://filsonhistorical.org/wp-content/uploads/Moremen_Villa_Louisville_web.jpg

Citation

Kiser, Walter H. , “Moremen's Villa (now Riverside, The Farnsley-Moremen Landing),” The Filson Historical Society , accessed August 5, 2021, https://filsonhistorical.omeka.net/items/show/544.