A large lecture hall is filled with men, shown from the rear looking forward. On the wall are large insignias of the 20th Army Air Force and the 40th Bomb Group. Verso reads, "Breifing [sic] Room - 40th Bomb Gp. Before a mission - 40th Group insignia at right 20th AAF at right [sic]. 33 crews ready to go. Projection machine in front - projects weather map on screen."
View from the front window of 734 Dixie Highway (formerly South 18th Street) south of Broadway looking east, 1951. As late as the early 1950s the area was a viable neighborhood of residences, businesses, and organizations. Within a few years the entire area was razed to make way for the Philip Morris industrial complex. Since closed and itself razed, the area today is a vacant lot awaiting new development.
The site of the former Louisville Female College, 1951. This view looking south provides a good view of the antebellum date row houses that would also soon be demolished. The Gene Snyder U. S. Courthouse and Custom House (the U. S. Post Office, Court House, and Custom House in the 1950s) can be glimpsed in the distance. This property is now surface parking for the federal courthouse and Romano Mazzoli Federal Building.
W. S. Bodley sold this home and property for the Camp; in 1921, some of the property was repurchased by Rogers Clark Ballard Thruston and given to the city of Louisville as George Rogers Clark Park. This house remained in the residential area.