From its earliest days, Louisville women were the engine powering Jewish Hospital. As volunteers, they contributed through sewing, fundraising, clerical work, and patient care. In 1955, the Women’s Guild of Jewish Hospital was established, creating new leadership and service roles. The Guild donated money and equipment to the hospital, managed the hospital gift shop, oversaw the Candy Stripers and other volunteer groups, and spearheaded educational initiatives such as a 1970s self-breast examination program. The logged volunteer hours of long-standing Guild members like Julia Victor stretched into the thousands—indicating the quiet but powerful contribution of women’s unpaid labor to the Hospital and its patients.